[Scons-dev] Should we remove python 3.5 from our CI tests

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Mon Jul 23 05:07:56 EDT 2018

On Sun, 2018-07-22 at 23:35 +0800, anatoly techtonik wrote:

[…]
> Just a reminder that mindless do-ocracy is the best way to kill
> backward
> compatibility and lose user base. From the other side, it always
> possible to
> fork away something like waf. :)

That's why I mentioned Apache. As Jason has pointed out, there is a
formal structure to release, and hence testing, and big decision making
in general. The system is actually a good one – even though I have
many, many reservations about The Apache Way.

What's Waf's traction/market penetration like?

If one is to consider competitors to SCons, Meson is the threat.

Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077