[Scons-dev] Should we remove python 3.5 from our CI tests

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 08:02:57 EDT 2018

On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 6:14 PM Russel Winder <russel at winder.org.uk> wrote:

> On Fri, 2018-07-20 at 16:13 +0800, anatoly techtonik wrote:
> > On Sat, May 26, 2018 at 5:43 AM Jonathon Reinhart
> > <jonathon.reinhart at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > No way. Distros (e.g. Debian 9) package Python 3.5.
> >
> > They are not going to upgrade to SCons 3.x, so it is safe.
> > https://packages.debian.org/stretch/scons
>
> Of course they have already upgraded.
>
> https://packages.debian.org/sid/scons

But the question was about Debian 9. Anyway 10th ships with Python 3.6
https://packages.debian.org/buster/python3 and SCons 3 with python2 as
dependency, which is most unfortunate, because SConstructs will start
to break not when SCons switched to next major version, but when next
Debian hideously updates dependency to python3. =/

But at least Python 3.5 can be forgotten.

> +1 for dropping 2.7 ;-)

2.7 +1 == 2.8 =)