[Scons-dev] Migrating issues from Tigris to GitHub

Daniel Moody dmoody256 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 14:11:40 EST 2018

Yes the 36 Pull Request we had got overwritten with the bug information for
1-36.

If possible i think it would be best to move the pull request to the newest
numbers so all the cross references to issue numbers can stay the same.

Also another issue I saw was that # sign will link to other issues, which
in some of the text of our issue, that was not intended. If possible you
can replace '#[number]' with 'choice [number]' in the text when they get
reprocessed?

I read about choice here:
https://github.com/github/markup/issues/303

On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 12:03 PM, Bill Deegan <bill at baddogconsulting.com>
wrote:

> [...]
> 422 {'message': 'Validation Failed', 'errors': [], 'documentation_url': '
> https://developer.github.com/v3/issues/#edit-an-issue'}
> 422 {'message': 'Validation Failed', 'errors': [], 'documentation_url': '
> https://developer.github.com/v3/issues/#edit-an-issue'}
> 422 {'message': 'Validation Failed', 'errors': [], 'documentation_url': '
> https://developer.github.com/v3/issues/#edit-an-issue'}
> 422 {'message': 'Validation Failed', 'errors': [], 'documentation_url': '
> https://developer.github.com/v3/issues/#edit-an-issue'}
> 422 {'message': 'Validation Failed', 'errors': [], 'documentation_url': '
> https://developer.github.com/v3/issues/#edit-an-issue'}
> 422 {'message': 'Validation Failed', 'errors': [], 'documentation_url': '
> https://developer.github.com/v3/issues/#edit-an-issue'}
> 422 {'message': 'Validation Failed', 'errors': [], 'documentation_url': '
> https://developer.github.com/v3/issues/#edit-an-issue'}
> 9
>
> So I'm guessing
> Can you take a look at that?
> For now I'm going to disable issues on scons/scons and then I'll try again
> once you're pull request is ready.
>
> Also looks like the lowest issue # created is 37 (notable that the highest
> pull request # is 36).
> It looks like they share the same "namespace" for lack of a better term.
> So cross references to other bugs will be off..
>
> Thanks,
> Bill
>
> On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 1:32 AM, Andrew Featherstone <
> andrew.featherstone at cantab.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi Bill,
>>
>> I'm glad you persevered. No I've not put any effort into making this work
>> with Python 2. There's some crude retry mechanisms in the implementation.
>> By the look of https://github.com/scons/scons/issues this is still
>> trundling on, as the issue count keeps going up when I refresh the browser.
>>
>> Unfortunately, I've spotted a meta-issue, which can be seen at
>> https://github.com/SCons/scons/issues/1345, for example. There's an
>> attachment for this issue that should be at
>> https://github.com/scons/tigris-issue-attachments/blob/maste
>> r/45/SCons-PkgCheckModules.diff, but is pointing to
>> https://github.com/bdbaddog/scons/tigris-issue-attachments/
>> blob/master/45/SCons-PkgCheckModules.diff instead.
>>
>> I think the sensible thing is for me to raise an issue against
>> https://github.com/SCons/tigris-to-github and submit a fix via a pull
>> request. The import process will merrily overwrite existing issues so
>> that's not a problem, but we will need to run the script again.
>>
>> Sorry, all.
>>
>> Andrew
>>

>> On 2 January 2018 at 04:48, Bill Deegan <bill at baddogconsulting.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Got past that. Requires python 3 and a few modules.
>>> Running now but just got the folllowing:
>>> GitHub repository for issues: scons/scons
>>> GitHub repository for attachments: scons/tigris-issue-attachments
>>> 2
>>> 3
>>> 4
>>> 5