[Scons-dev] expected stdout error code format

Daniel Moody dmoody256 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 17:13:57 EST 2017

never mind, Its failing for me because I have coverage for subprocess
testing added to my sitecustomize.py distribution (
https://coverage.readthedocs.io/en/coverage-4.4.2/subprocess.html#)

On Sat, Dec 9, 2017 at 5:01 PM, Daniel Moody <dmoody256 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks, is this test failing for anyone else on master?
>
> The test test/exitfns.py seems to be incorrect. first it 'register's the
> some functions, which I assume get run at exit (not sure about how this
> functionality is supposed go)
>
> Then the next segment in the test make the exit function do nothing, so
> you would expect no extra output from the register call. But the same
> expected out from the previous test is passed in.
>
> Any ideas?
>

> On Sat, Dec 9, 2017 at 4:42 PM, Gary Oberbrunner <garyo at oberbrunner.com>
> wrote:
>
>> The 6,10d5 means lines 6 through 10 in stdout were in the expected
>> output, but not in the actual (at its line 5) (Or vice versa, not sure
>> about order of expected/actual there.)  That impenetrable message comes
>> from diff.
>>
>> On Sat, Dec 9, 2017 at 4:19 PM, Daniel Moody <dmoody256 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Does anyone know how to interpret the error code for expected stdout?
>>>
>>> For example what does the '6,10d5' mean from this output?
>>>
>>> FAILED test of /home/travis/build/dmoody256/scons/src/script/scons.py
>>> at line 614 of /home/travis/build/dmoody256/scons/QMTest/TestCommon.py
>>> (_complete)
>>> from line 710 of /home/travis/build/dmoody256/scons/QMTest/TestCommon.py
>>> (run)
>>> from line 393 of /home/travis/build/dmoody256/scons/QMTest/TestSCons.py
>>> (run)
>>> from line 68 of test/exitfns.py