[Scons-dev] tools and testing

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Tue Apr 18 04:17:20 EDT 2017

On Mon, 2017-04-17 at 08:26 -0700, Bill Deegan wrote:
> Russel,
>
> Seems like pieces of it (including a new Node type) should be unit
> testable.
> Also, Can Dub pull from a local repository, or is there a stable, but
> small
> web accessible repository?

I agree the _Library class should be amenable to some unittesting,
though it is not clear how much would be actually useful and how much
would just be testing to the sake of having tests. Influenced by Cope,
I am less enamoured of unit tests than I used to be but totally for
end-to-end tests. I will though be adding some tests for Dub now that
it is working for the ApproxGC project.

Dub can pull from a local repository as well as the central one, I
shall have to find out if the central one can be excluded, I think it
can. In this case it would be possible to construct a local repository
and then run an end-to-end test which is good.

This leaves only the question of which project to construct a package
for. I am thinking that this could be another tool in the D armoury:
build the local code and upload a package to the Dub repository.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk