[Scons-dev] Hg vs Git

Jonathon Reinhart jonathon.reinhart at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 14:11:17 EST 2016

> The point here is that someone can mutate a branch locally and then
force it to the mainline.

No, that is specifically what protected branches prevent. If "master" is
protected, then no one, not even an admin, can re-write history and force
push to it.

Personally, I find the rewriting extremely powerful for my local
development - I can re-arrange, split, and join commits in my feature
branch before it is merged into master. Very few people are interested in
rewriting history of a published tree.