[Scons-dev] Adding support for Visual Studio Code workspace generation

Andrew Featherstone andrew.featherstone at cantab.net
Sun Nov 27 10:11:02 EST 2016

Hi All,

Microsoft's Visual Studio Code (vscode) https://code.visualstudio.com is
gaining popularity where I work. It looks like all a workspace's
configuration is stored in a set of JSON files. which should be pretty
simple to auto-generate. Is there any interest in adding a VSCode
builder to compliment the MSVSProject and MSVSSolution builders
(http://scons.org/doc/production/HTML/scons-user.html#b-MSVSProject and
http://scons.org/doc/production/HTML/scons-user.html#b-MSVSSolution)?

My initial interest would be auto-generating the workspace to setup for
debugging using GDB on Linux.

Thoughts? Should I raise an issue on Bitbucket before working on this?

Andrew