[Scons-dev] Hg vs Git

Jonathon Reinhart jonathon.reinhart at gmail.com
Wed May 11 10:23:02 EDT 2016

There has been at least one case where I discovered a small issue with
SCons and went to go submit a pull request, but then remembered SCons uses
hg, and decided it wasn't worth the effort to install hg, and learn the
differences between it and Git.

Is this a case of laziness? Perhaps. But I suspect there are many others
who feel the same. With Git, many people already understand the branch,
push, pull request model.

This goes for other open source projects using other VCS as well. I have
encountered this same laziness when projects required SVN, or patches
emailed.