[Scons-dev] How about ideas

Vitold S vit1251 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 12:35:26 EDT 2016

Hello,

    What about a few ideas:

1. Apache Maven using plugins. How about SCons also use plugins? When start
we can describe plugins and Scons self-maintince it (download and install).
Example, scons user use custom builder or Envarment(tools=['custom_tools']
and have source it tool on GitHUB as source code. Why Scons does not
downaload it and start using in runtime?

2. I always have on one machine a different version of python like 2.7,
3.0, 3.1, 3.4, 3.5 and etc. I can call it in shell as python2.7, python3.3
... When I try to start scons in shell as module "python2.7 -m scons" it
does not work. Why you does not using "systemtools' and infrastructure to
create scons command by systemtools?

3. Use GitHUB to interact with the community, because there numbers great
service such as:
    - email subscriptions on issues (like this maillist);
    - ability to subscribe on single issue (like does not provide by this
maillist);
    - most of users have account on githut but not in your maillist;

N.B. Now it looks like that you are close from your users and restrict
interaction.

    Thanx.

--
Vitold S