[Scons-dev] Setup.py questions

Jason Kenny dragon512 at live.com
Thu Jun 2 13:41:22 EDT 2016

Hi guys,

I thought I would take a look at the setup.py file to see if I can clean it
up and make it better so we can pip install correctly.

I was looking at the file and had a few questions:

1)      Line 80 and 87 we have a reference to distutils.msvccompiler. What
is this for? We don't need the compiler to install SCons

2)      Is there a need to still install SCons in odd locations like
python/Scons? I think we are at a point in which simplifying this to allow
for scons to be installed in a standard location is good enough. Am I wrong?

Thanks

Jason