[Scons-dev] Missing Wiki page on pkg-config

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 15:14:38 EST 2016

On Sun, Jan 31, 2016 at 7:43 PM, Dirk Bächle <tshortik at gmx.de> wrote:
> On 31.01.2016 13:23, anatoly techtonik wrote:
>>
>> https://bitbucket.org/scons/scons/wiki/ParseConfig is missing,
>> referenced from
>> https://bitbucket.org/scons/scons/wiki/UsingPkgConfig
>>

> hint: ParseConfig is described in the UserGuide.

Wiki usually contains more info and useful user feedback. So is it
possible to recover that page to ensure that nothing important was
lost?

>> By the way, is there a tool for SCons that can do the job of
>> pkg-config? Looks like it is a simple parser, no?
>

> Depends on what it is exactly that you're trying to parse under Windows for
> example, How do you plan to get at the required infos about which header and
> libs to include?

Currently it is done with
    env.ParseConfig("pkg-config --libs --cflags $PKGCONFIG_FLAGS
pango" + backend + version_arg)
https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/blob/master/scons/pango.py#L22

but it assumes that I have development libs installed on the system in
appropriate location. I am on Windows. But even on Linux I'd prefer not
to install anything anyway just to compile one package. So instead I
unpack http://win-builds.org/doku.php/1.5.0_packages#pango_1341-1_-_library_for_layout_and_rendering_of_text
and need to find all files there.

Is that feasible?

I also found this on PyPI - https://pypi.python.org/pypi/pykg-config/1.3.0