[Scons-dev] SCons developer DVCS survey

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Tue Jan 12 10:58:21 EST 2016

On Mon, 2016-01-11 at 14:42 -0800, Bill Deegan wrote:
> William,
>
> Yes bug triages stopped a while back.
> I think about the time Greg Noel disappeared, and Steven Knight took
> some
> big steps back from the project.
>
> Ideally we'd see the ability for commits to get amended to bugs they
> are
> related to and vice/versa.

Asynchronous triage and pull request review is much more likely to work
in a scattered system. I for one always failed to turn up to triage
meetings as they tended to be held at 03:30+00:00.

The Go team recognize this hence their use of Rietveld and then Gerrit
to handle pull requests. I am not so sure we need that level of
bureaucracy but…

I am very much in favour of a BitBucket/Git/JIRA or GitHub/Git/Issues
setup to get the integration of pull requests, issues, and repository.
For me the current status with Tigris is unviable. I think I have even
lost my Tigris login credentials. To be frank, I don't actually care
that I have!

41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk