[Scons-dev] Should we close python3-port branch in scons bitbucket?

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Thu Apr 14 13:17:37 EDT 2016

On Thu, 2016-04-14 at 12:29 -0400, Bill Deegan wrote:
> Russel,
>
> So the branch your work is on in your repo is python3-port?

Yes.

> I'm o.k. with CI going red for this. I don't want to delay the python
> 3
> port any further.
> I think the project should go "all in" on getting py2/3 done at this
> point
> in time.

In one sense I am completely with this sentiment. However as noted in
the earlier email there is an alternative to merging to mainline
default now, at the expense of setting a new CI.

> How long would you expect getting your py3 work to run/pass all tests
> on
> py2.7?
> (Wild guesses are welcome)

How long is the wire I am currently holding?

There are a couple of reds that I worked on for a while that are only
red when you run the tests using the test runner, if you run the test
code manually they work fine. cf. for example

41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk