[Scons-dev] Should we close python3-port branch in scons bitbucket?

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Thu Apr 14 13:11:58 EDT 2016

On Thu, 2016-04-14 at 12:45 -0400, Bill Deegan wrote:
> Russel,
>
> I guess the other question is the python3-port branch in scons' repo
> an
> earlier version of your branch?
> Or is your branch entirely different?

My python3-port branch is a continuation of the original python3-port
branch so I guess in Mercurial terms they are the same branch. This
should mean that my python3-port branch can be merged into mainline
python3-port branch without difficulty. If this is the case and we can
set up CI on the python3-port branch we could run with the two branches
active in mainline until both are green.

If there were an embargo on changesets into mainline default until
mainline python3-port was merged back in, then this would seem to be
functionally equivalent to merging python3-port into default now at the
expense of having a new CI set up.

41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk