[Scons-dev] SCons default branch open for python 2.7/3.x work. Please submit pull requests

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Sun Apr 10 10:52:35 EDT 2016

On Sun, 2016-04-10 at 13:02 +0100, William Blevins wrote:
> Two Questions,
>
> 1. Are we working out of scons__python3 or merging scons__python3 and
> working there?

With SCons 2.5.0 released and a maintenance branch created, this is a
most pertinent question. :-) I

> 2. Many of the failing tests are from embedded code blocks in the
> tests
> which futurize and six didn't update automatically. Should the update
> process here be "make the embedded code its own file when reasonably
> possible" or "just make minimal updates for now"?

I had been doing minimal changes, clearly not enough.

I would be strongly in favour of having Python code as separate files
not as strings in other Python code if at all possible. However, there
will always be some cases where code in strings in code is the right
thing to do.

41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk