[Scons-dev] Roundup tracker demo instance...

Florian Miedniak florian.miedniak at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 02:52:51 EDT 2015

> On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 7:45 PM, Russel Winder <russel at winder.org.uk>
> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 2015-09-28 at 13:56 +0100, William L Blevins wrote:
>> > […]
>> > I have used Jira and I think if we can get free instances for the
>> > project, then the direct jira -> bitbucket <- confluence setup will
>> > give us a lot of project management control.
>>
>> Personally I found Confluence a right royal pain in the arse. JIRA on
>> the other hand worked very well for me. The issue is whether SCons can
>> have a JIRA directly linked to the Mercurial repository and its pull
>> requests.
>>

> Since they are all Atlassian products, I cannot imagine "no" to be the
> answer; otherwise, what is the point?

William, I agree with you, that it is not the question, *if* there is
support for connecting bitbucket hosted mercurial repos with JIRA. (
http://blogs.atlassian.com/2012/07/connect-jira-to-your-git-or-mercurial-repositories-with-the-jira-dvcs-connector)
It's more the question how mature it is. From my previous experience,
Atlassian does a quite good job of integrating their products.
Nevertheless, the best (and IMO only) way to find out, if there are any
technical / user experiance obstacles left for using JIRA<->Bitbucket for
Scons, is to give it a try:
1. Check for JIRA<->Mercurial on Bitbucket integration with a sandbox
project
2. Adapt the scripts of Dirk to import the existing issues from tigris

I'd volunteer to do this to have a solid basis for further decision-making.

-Florian