[Scons-dev] Roundup tracker demo instance...

Florian Miedniak florian.miedniak at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 03:58:22 EDT 2015

Hi Dirk,

here are the detailed conditions for their open source program:
https://www.atlassian.com/software/views/open-source-license-request

I didn't see a restriction to cloud instances on the first glance -
although this kind of restrictions usually are stated in very small print
;-)

> Hi Florian,
>
> On 25.09.2015 08:54, Florian Miedniak wrote:
>
>> Thought about using JIRA? It's free for open source projects
>>

> I'm not sure that this is a 100% correct. From their main website I get
> the information that the "Cloud service" can be free for open-source
> project that apply for this. Can you point me to the information where it
> says that Jira itself is free too?
> I'm asking because I know that my company plans to use Jira pretty
> big-scale in the future, which means there must be some serious money
> involved...else they wouldn't buy it. ;)

We're using JIRA in commercial environment, which for sure costs "some"
money, especially if you use their standard per-user licenses.

> and very intuitive to use IMO while being very flexible, if you need
>
>> it. Nice integration with bitbucket, confluence and version control
>> system is also given (automated cross-references for issues,
>> detailed track of commits per issue).
>>

> The main point here is the migration from our Tigris instance. If you (or
> someone else) can come up with a way to import all the currently existing
> data into Jira, without losing any attached files or creation dates of
> messages and issues (preserving history), then we can talk I guess. :)

That really could be the crucial point - as migration is often ... :-/ I
may talk to the colleague, that did the migration into JIRA, maybe he has
some valueable hints.
How are you doing this for Tigris -> Roundup currently? Especially the
attachement thing? Do you have some kind of intermediate format for
migration?

I had a look on the feature sheet of Roundup, that admittedly reads quite
impressive. Nevertheless, I must agree with Gary concerning the user
interface ... For me, at first glance it compares it bit to Trac from the
"user experience" point of view.

Best regards

-Florian