[Scons-dev] D tooling doubts

Paweł Tomulik ptomulik at meil.pw.edu.pl
Wed Sep 23 08:50:20 EDT 2015

W dniu 23.09.2015 o 14:02, Russel Winder pisze:
> I have now been able to pull in all the new updates which I
> believe include changes to the D tooling. I believe there were some
> potential issues with this new D tooling. Rather than pollute that
> old issue/pull request which is now really done, can we air things
> here quickly towards creating a few test cases that I can then add
> to the collection? In this way we can either confirm we cannot find
> a problem, or if we find a problem then I can try and fix it.
>
> SCons appears to be working unchanged for me with my (rather
> trivial) D projects. Which means I cannot observe any problem so
> far!

1. Do you still need to set 'SHOBJSUFFIX' in SConstruct when using
'dmd' or 'ldc' tool?

2. This doesn't work:

#########
env = Environment(tools = ['ldc'])
l = env.SharedLibrary('foo', 'foo.d', SHOBJSUFFIX='.o')
##########

AttributeError: 'SConsEnvironment' object has no attribute
'SharedLibrary':

because 'link' tool is still required by D tools (however, they don't
initialize it):

#########
env = Environment(tools = ['link', 'ldc'])
l = env.SharedLibrary('foo', 'foo.d', SHOBJSUFFIX='.o')

- --
Paweł Tomulik, tel. (22) 234 7925
Instytut Techniki Lotniczej i Mechaniki Stosowanej
Politechnika Warszawska