[Scons-dev] Announcement: Core changes for v2.4 ahead, Switching the Node class to using slots...

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Tue Mar 31 13:30:39 EDT 2015

Hi Jason,

On 31.03.2015 16:35, Kenny, Jason L wrote:
> HI Dirk!
> So an update.
>
> I had a little time yesterday to look at this. I am down to 11 failures. They all seem to be the same issue.
>
> Quick summary:
>   I seem to have three issues with the branch as it is.
>
> 1) the base node did not have __dict__ in the slots definition. This prevents my monkey patches from working for the nodes. I patched my copy with to fix this. ( will submit this path to you)

for extending Nodes there already exists a "dict" named "attributes". It would be cool if you could rework your patch to use it,
instead of reintroducing a dict to the Base class.

> 2) The scanner prog.py has a fix in it :-) this removes the need from the monkey patch in Parts. The issue I had was this monkey patch was fixed up in a way in Parts that broke with the fix. I have to look at why the monkey patch was done this way. Anyways I fixed Parts to note break in this case ( ie no monkey patch in this case). As a FYI this fix in the scanner allow the scanner to deal with lists of libs being returned.
> 3) What seems to be the last issue at the moment is in the node object with stored information. I have not looked in to as of yet. I hope to look at it today..

To me it looks like you are overwriting/patching Node.store_info as method directly. This isn't possible anymore, "store_info" is
now an index (integer) pointing into a function map.