[Scons-dev] Announcement: Core changes for v2.4 ahead, Switching the Node class to using slots...

Kenny, Jason L jason.l.kenny at intel.com
Tue Mar 31 10:35:17 EDT 2015

HI Dirk!
So an update.

I had a little time yesterday to look at this. I am down to 11 failures. They all seem to be the same issue.

Quick summary:
 I seem to have three issues with the branch as it is.

1) the base node did not have __dict__ in the slots definition. This prevents my monkey patches from working for the nodes. I patched my copy with to fix this. ( will submit this path to you)
2) The scanner prog.py has a fix in it :-) this removes the need from the monkey patch in Parts. The issue I had was this monkey patch was fixed up in a way in Parts that broke with the fix. I have to look at why the monkey patch was done this way. Anyways I fixed Parts to note break in this case ( ie no monkey patch in this case). As a FYI this fix in the scanner allow the scanner to deal with lists of libs being returned.
3) What seems to be the last issue at the moment is in the node object with stored information. I have not looked in to as of yet. I hope to look at it today..

Details on the last issue are:
scons: *** [SConstruct] KeyError : <bound method File.store_info of <SCons.Node.FS.File object at 0x0000000001E7CF48>>
scons: internal stack trace:
  File "C:\Python27\scons-2.3.4\SCons\Job.py", line 199, in start
    task.prepare()
  File "C:\Python27\scons-2.3.4\SCons\Script\Main.py", line 173, in prepare
    return SCons.Taskmaster.OutOfDateTask.prepare(self)
  File "C:\Python27\scons-2.3.4\SCons\Taskmaster.py", line 172, in prepare
    self.exception_raise()
  File "C:\Python27\scons-2.3.4\SCons\Taskmaster.py", line 951, in next_task
    task.make_ready()
  File "C:\Python27\scons-2.3.4\SCons\Script\Main.py", line 307, in make_ready
    SCons.Taskmaster.OutOfDateTask.make_ready(self)
  File "C:\Python27\scons-2.3.4\SCons\Taskmaster.py", line 424, in make_ready_current
    t.visited()
  File "C:\Python27\scons-2.3.4\SCons\Node\FS.py", line 2967, in visited
    SCons.Node.store_info_map[self.store_info](self)

Currently looks like this is not a Parts issues at the moment as I am not in the stack. But I am not sure 100% that this is the case. I will update when I know more. Given this issue gets fixed I think I should be at 100% pass rate again.

Jason