[Scons-dev] Cross-language support

Jason Kenny dragon512 at live.com
Tue Jul 28 13:16:13 EDT 2015

Just from what I have seen. People care if we break a SConstruct from working because we have to change the file to make it work.  Having it work better ( ie we can remove extra Depends calls which are now redundant) is not an issue and are welcome. updating SCons and having it rebuild stuff is not an issue for anyone I know of. Most of the time people update SCons and they rebuild from scratch, and when they don’t know no one I have seen ever noticed or cared if it rebuilt some code one time.

The only case that I would see happening with the scanner fixes is some rare case in which SCons rebuild some file it now sees correctly that get modified every build for some reason causing the build to never be “up-to-date”. I think given what SCons claims we want this to be seen if it was missed before.

Jason