[Scons-dev] SCons-like build system

Constantine voidmb at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 15:39:13 EST 2015

Hi Dirk,

Sorry for the long delay.
I've made a new release with the fix of this issue
<https://github.com/aqualid/aqualid/issues/24>.
It also includes a fix for another issue with ccache
<https://github.com/aqualid/aqualid/issues/25>.

New release is available here: https://github.com/aqualid/aqualid/releases

BTW, I made a typo in the workaround.
Tools are located in tools sub-directory.
So valid workaround for the previous version is:
$ aql -I /usr/local/libX/pythonX.X/site-packages/aqualid*/tools*

/> Or is there no 1:1 mapping between a Tool named "foobar" and a file
"foobar.py" that has to exist in the search path? /
Yes. There is no 1:1 mapping.
Name of a tool is given using a decorator. One tool may have several names.
For examples:
|    @tool('c++', 'g++', 'gxx', 'cpp', 'cxx')||
||    class ToolGcc( Tool ):||

More details in my other email of this thread:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.programming.tools.scons.devel/12832
I wrote that email hoping it could be helpful for discussion of Tools
subsystem - http://scons.org/wiki/RevampToolsSubsystem
Initially I implemented this logic for SCons with my extension.

I think that this tools loading logic is very flexible and user friendly
(of course there are some bugs in the implementation :)

Thank you.
Best regards,
Constantine.