[Scons-dev] SCons-like build system

Constantine voidmb at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 02:37:44 EST 2015

Hi Jason,

>> *What I would like to know as I did not see it in the example right off
is, how do you deal with lots of components.*

I guess you mean this example:
https://github.com/aqualid/aqualid/wiki/An-introduction-to-Aqualid#build-sub-projects

lib = Script('../lib/make.aql')['lib']

> dll = tools.cpp.LinkSharedLibrary( 'tool_api.cpp', lib, target = 'toolapi',
>                                    cpppath = lib.options.api_cpppath,
>                                    api_cpppath = '.',
>                                    cppdefines = 'MAKING_LIBRARY' )

We call function 'Script()' to build component 'lib'.
This function returns a dictionary of all local variables defined inside
the executed script. Then we get the 'lib' Node.

To build a shared library we use the lib's CPPPATH:
  cpppath = lib.options.api_cpppath,

Option 'api_cpppath' will have correct CPPPATH to use headers of this
library.
Inside component 'lib' we are free to change directories layout whenever we
want.

*>> Also your benchmarks… is this 32-bit or 64-bit.*
I used 64-bit Linux, 2 cores CPU and available 1.3 GiB of RAM, no swap

Thank you.
Best regards,
Konstantin.