[Scons-dev] SCons-like build system

Kenny, Jason L jason.l.kenny at intel.com
Tue Jan 13 17:07:29 EST 2015

Interesting.

I like some of the stuff you have here. I can only do so much in Parts wrapping SCons, some of it has to be in the core

What I would like to know as I did not see it in the example right off is, how do you deal with lots of components. One feature I have in Parts and often see people implement in different ways in raw SCons is passing information between different files. The common case of this is when link a lib file in to your main program you don’t know what the real name of the lib file is or you want to be protected from having a build break because a component for whatever reason change the output name.

Also your benchmarks… is this 32-bit or 64-bit. I missed it on the webpage. I ask as you show Scons blowing up a 100K node. I know I have a build here with Scons at 200K worth of files node as it works fine ( build in about 2 hours with 24 cores and 16GB of memory for SCons and the tools/compilers.)

Jason