[Scons-dev] scons-local .zip 2015

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 15:01:44 EST 2015

Hi,

I've noticed that scons-local .zip archive is uncompressed.
Why?
https://sourceforge.net/projects/scons/files/scons-local/2.3.4/

.zip size is uncompressed, 2Mb, but maybe we can strip that?
The real core is about 1Mb. Everything else are tools. So,
unless some project uses all the tools, they can be stripped,
right?

Also, I think about executable .zip files. I'd like to experiment
with making executable scons .zip archive (and maybe
wheel), which will be scons-local when unpacked, but... I am
not sure when I could be get around to it, so feel free to take it
or add into some SCons usability roadmap for GSoC
students.

     python vendor/scons.zip

Isn't it awesome? =)
--