[Scons-dev] All green in buildbot land..

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Mon Feb 23 03:11:51 EST 2015

Hi there,

On 23.02.2015 08:28, Russel Winder wrote:
> On Sun, 2015-02-22 at 22:09 -0800, Bill Deegan wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> With help from Dirk and Russel we're green (no failures in runtest.py) on
>> all buildbot slaves.
>>
>> I'd like to suggest that going forward any failures after a patch must be
>> fixed before any other patch is applied.
>>
>> Any objections?
>>

> That strikes me as an excellent management approach. Of course the
> downside is that pull requests can only be applied as fast as "all
> green" appears on the Buildbot console after a merge into mainline. Fine
> if no errors, but potentially problematic in the face of awkward new
> reds.

I have basically no objections, but instead of bloating up the testing workflow even more, we should keep it at a sane level. It
should be allowed for a patch+test to turn one or several buildbots red. But then, fixing this problem has highest priority.
Finally, we should make sure that all buildbots are green before pushing a new release out. We didn't do this last time, and I think
we learned our lesson from that. ;)