[Scons-dev] scons daemon

Schleimer, Ben bensch128 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 29 18:25:42 EST 2015

Hi,

> Try running with --debug=time
Did you want to see all of the build output?
Ben

    On Tuesday, December 29, 2015 2:57 PM, Bill Deegan <bill at baddogconsulting.com> wrote:

 Try running with --debug=time

   - --debug=time
      - Prints various time profiling information:the time spent executing each individual build command;the total build time (time SCons ran from beginning to end);the total time spent reading and executing SConscript files;the total time spent SCons itself spend running(that is, not counting reading and executing SConscript files);and both the total time spent executing all build commandsand the elapsed wall-clock time spent executing those build commands.(Whensconsis executed without the-joption,the elapsed wall-clock time will typicallybe slightly longer than the total time spentexecuting all the build commands,due to the SCons processing that takes placein between executing each command.Whensconsis executedwiththe-joption,and your build configuration allows good parallelization,the elapsed wall-clock time shouldbe significantly smaller than thetotal time spent executing all the build commands,since multiple build commands andintervening SCons processingshould take place in parallel.)
-Bill