[Scons-dev] scons daemon

Bill Deegan bill at baddogconsulting.com
Tue Dec 29 17:57:25 EST 2015

Try running with --debug=time

--debug=time

Prints various time profiling information: the time spent executing each
individual build command; the total build time (time SCons ran from
beginning to end); the total time spent reading and executing SConscript
files; the total time spent SCons itself spend running (that is, not
counting reading and executing SConscript files); and both the total time
spent executing all build commands and the elapsed wall-clock time spent
executing those build commands. (When *scons* is executed without the -j
option, the elapsed wall-clock time will typically be slightly longer than
the total time spent executing all the build commands, due to the SCons
processing that takes place in between executing each command. When *scons*
is executed *with* the -j option, and your build configuration allows good
parallelization, the elapsed wall-clock time should be significantly
smaller than the total time spent executing all the build commands, since
multiple build commands and intervening SCons processing should take place
in parallel.)

-Bill