[Scons-dev] Code of conduct?

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 09:33:42 EST 2015

On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 10:48 PM, Bill Deegan <bill at baddogconsulting.com> wrote:
> 3. I am new to open source and thus tentatively dipping my feet in the
> waters. I want to know that some shark will not bite my toes off.
> I had this happen myself in another community.
> I asked a n00b question and the guy's response was offensive.
> (I'm from NY.. my skin is think but this guy was a d$ck, and eventually got
> censored by the project)
>
> All we're asking is that people not be a jerk to people asking stupid
> questions.
> (Where being a jerk doesn't equal "go read the docs" or "go read this bit of
> the docs", but does equal "Hey moron WTF is wrong with you, can't you read a
> manpage")
>
> I'm not sure why you're objecting to this unless you think you are likely to
> violate a CoC..

Because following CoC makes people CoC-followers, which is offensive for
some. Don't be a jerk rule is good enough and the rules should be applied
only when they are needed on personal basis.

I am against CoCs. It makes me feel regulated and I am sick and tired of that,
so I likely to act against it and you have to ban me.
--
anatoly t.