[Scons-dev] Updated work in progress SCons.org

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 07:59:13 EDT 2015

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 5:50 AM, Bill Deegan <bill at baddogconsulting.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 3:38 PM, anatoly techtonik <techtonik at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 9:46 PM, Bill Deegan <bill at baddogconsulting.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Anatoly,
>>>
>>> Thanks for your feedback.
>>>
>>> The RSS is an RSS feed of all posts/pages to the website.
>>>

>> It is better to move all GitHub, Twitter and RSS button to one line,
>> maybe at the bottom.
>>

> Twitter feed on the right feels correct to me. But maybe move a lot of the
> rest to bottom or menus.
> The "Twitter", "Links" , "Social" , "Tags" come from the page templates.

Feed is ok. I was thinking about various social icons.

> I'm not sure if I can turn off the date stamps on the pages. Likely I can.
>>> Or perhaps just move them to the bottom of the page where they are less
>>> distracting?
>>>

>> Yes. I would move them to the footer. "And remove Powered by
>> pelican-bootstrap3 <https://github.com/DandyDev/pelican-bootstrap3>,
>> Pelican <http://docs.getpelican.com/>, Bootstrap
>> <http://getbootstrap.com>" and just add this info to README. It will be
>> more useful to add Edit (this page) link at the footer.
>>

> The source for the pages is either markdown or restructured text.  Then it
> needs to be run through pelican to generate the pages.  Not sure edit this
> page really applies in this context.

Applies. Take a look at readthedocs -
https://pip.pypa.io/en/latest/installing.html - top right corner.

>>> "The SCons Project @SConsProject" comes from the twitter javascript
>>> widget based on the twitter account name and the "name' associated with it.
>>> Not much we could do about that other than changing either of those on
>>> twitter.
>>>

>> Is it possible do choose a different name?
>> -The SCons Project
>> +SCons Software Construction
>> +Software Construction Tool
>> +Software Construction
>>

> It is the "The SCons Project", or minimally "SCons", none of the other are
> names of the project and so not valid for the name on the account (IMHO).

Ok. Whatever. It just looks weird. Clearly it is not a project
communicating. It is a person with access to Twitter account. So even SCons
Updates is a better name IMHO.
--
anatoly t.