[Scons-dev] Updated work in progress SCons.org

Bill Deegan bill at baddogconsulting.com
Sun Aug 16 22:50:25 EDT 2015

Anatoly,

On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 3:38 PM, anatoly techtonik <techtonik at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 9:46 PM, Bill Deegan <bill at baddogconsulting.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Anatoly,
>>
>> Thanks for your feedback.
>>
>> The RSS is an RSS feed of all posts/pages to the website.
>>

> It is better to move all GitHub, Twitter and RSS button to one line, maybe
> at the bottom.

Twitter feed on the right feels correct to me. But maybe move a lot of the
rest to bottom or menus.
The "Twitter", "Links" , "Social" , "Tags" come from the page templates.

>> I'm not sure if I can turn off the date stamps on the pages. Likely I can.
>> Or perhaps just move them to the bottom of the page where they are less
>> distracting?
>>

> Yes. I would move them to the footer. "And remove Powered by
> pelican-bootstrap3 <https://github.com/DandyDev/pelican-bootstrap3>,
> Pelican <http://docs.getpelican.com/>, Bootstrap <http://getbootstrap.com>"
> and just add this info to README. It will be more useful to add Edit (this
> page) link at the footer.

The source for the pages is either markdown or restructured text.  Then it
needs to be run through pelican to generate the pages.  Not sure edit this
page really applies in this context.

>> "The SCons Project @SConsProject" comes from the twitter javascript
>> widget based on the twitter account name and the "name' associated with it.
>> Not much we could do about that other than changing either of those on
>> twitter.
>>

> Is it possible do choose a different name?
> -The SCons Project
> +SCons Software Construction
> +Software Construction Tool
> +Software Construction

It is the "The SCons Project", or minimally "SCons", none of the other are
names of the project and so not valid for the name on the account (IMHO).

-Bill