[Scons-dev] 2.3.6 out. Next up merging slots branch to default for stabilization and then release

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 01:54:57 EDT 2015

On Sun, Aug 2, 2015 at 1:32 AM, Tim Jenness <tjenness at lsst.org> wrote:

> This is great. Thanks for the regular releases. Can people tell me the
> plan for python3 integration? I see that the scons 2.3 release notes
> indicate that 2.4 and later will be allowed to be python2.7 only to enable
> migration to python3. I am really interested in the python3 port and I’m
> happy to help in testing or in coding to see the python3 effort succeed. I
> see that there is a branch from last year but I wonder if the plan is to
> rebase that or to now push forward from the current code base.

There is no fixed plan, but we can add this entry to the web-site if
somebody has enough time to test it and write a blog post about the
experience and encountered problems. That will be much appreciated. And I
suspect that there are some fundamental things that will be useful for
other projects as well.
--
anatoly t.