[Scons-dev] Updated work in progress SCons.org

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 01:39:54 EDT 2015

On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 12:44 AM, Bill Deegan <bill at baddogconsulting.com>
wrote:

> Feedback welcome:
>
> http://scons.org/new

My overall impression on the redesign is mixed. =)
There is some fresh air in it, but no-color design
without pictures looks boring. Maybe I am also
annoyed with headers being too big compared to
the content, or that every page looks exactly the
same, or that date field that draws my attention
even when I just looking for contacts.

Side menu is either obvious or too obscure.
1. SCons on Bibucket? Source code.
2. SCons wiki? Community wiki.
3. python.org? Why? How many people will be
    visiting python.org from this page?

What is Social RSS and what are those Tags entry?

  Social
      RSS
  Tags

The SCons Project @SConsProject is a little boring
nickname + full name combination, but having
realtime ticker on the front page is good.

Dynamic news entries look weird. Dropdowns are
annoying - I like the ability of the old site to go to the
most needed parts with a single click.

Of course all design impressions are highly subjective,
but hopefully it is at least somewhat constructive.
--
anatoly t.