[Scons-dev] Packaging logic?

Kenny, Jason L jason.l.kenny at intel.com
Thu Apr 2 11:28:40 EDT 2015

Real quick.

I don’t there is a suggestion on not supporting standalone drops, etc.. I still would like to provide a msi on windows. There is a difference between a sdidt like drop vs a full standalone (py2exe like) drop however. Different systems view this differently. In general on linux and mac you have python as an easy package, windows it is a separate install ( still easy). Having a full standalone drop for mac, linux, windows mean that it easier for SCons to raise the base python version as we can provide a python 3.5 for example as part of the install. However I have found this idea is easy on windows, hard on linux.

Jason