[Scons-dev] Buildbot, Java and D...

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Sun Sep 14 13:51:45 EDT 2014

Russel,

On 14.09.2014 19:20, Russel Winder wrote:
> [...]
> So for me the question is whether to put integers into the {} of format
> templates to satisfy 2.6. I think you already did this in one place,
> there are others that need doing if 2.6 is the de facto base version in
> default/tip.
I think it would really help to change them as well, see my next comment
below.

>>> People then started the issue of 2.6 compliance and a few changes have
>>> been made to the default/tip codebase to support that, but currently
>>> officially as far as I know the base is 2.7 and all the 2.6 fixes are
>>> just making the code ugly.
>> Just let the code be ugly. If most things still work for a user under
>> 2.6, he certainly won't mind. ;)
> What about tests and CI, which is where the rest of the problems
> relating to my codes are.
Our plan for "default" is to integrate the stubprocess.py wrapper and
change the Node class to using slots next. Several people have raised
their concerns about these rather large changes, here a good CI would
help to protect against regressions.
That's why getting (almost) all buildslaves green, should be our current
goal...so if you could steer the D tests into this direction, that would
be awesome.