[Scons-dev] Buildbot, Java and D...

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Sun Sep 14 05:56:32 EDT 2014

On Sat, 2014-09-13 at 14:46 -0400, William Blevins wrote:
> Just to clarify.
>
> I am assuming that the python3 baseline requires 2.7+, and the current 2.X
> baseline is still supposed to support 2.6+.  If this is wrong, then I need
> some clarification because "someone" informed me incorrectly or my memory
> sucks or both.

The decision was taken to make 2.7 the baseline for all of SCons. This
would be helpful in going forward with a Python 2 and Python 3
compatible codebase since lots of Python 3 is being backported to 2.7
anyway.

People then started the issue of 2.6 compliance and a few changes have
been made to the default/tip codebase to support that, but currently
officially as far as I know the base is 2.7 and all the 2.6 fixes are
just making the code ugly.

Confusion is rife on this one now. :-(

41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk