[Scons-dev] License SConsBuildBricks_path.svg

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Fri Oct 24 04:32:09 EDT 2014

Hi Jörg,

On 24.10.2014 07:39, Jörg Frings-Fürst wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm the new maintainer of the packages scons and scons-doc on Debian.
>

> There is a problem with the license of SConsBuildBricks_path.svg.
> The license cc-by-nc-sa is tagged as non free and therefore the
> package scons-doc must be removed.
I've done most of the work on the titlepages, and when I open the
offending file in Inkscape, it displays the license as "Proprietary"?
Which leaves me a bit confused...

I also don't understand why "cc-by-nc-sa" is not a free license, or in
other words, how would the license have to look to get accepted?
Instead of removing the package completely, I'd rather try to adapt the
license(s)...but I'm currently packing my things for the PyCon.FR 2014
in Lyon, so I hope it's not an urgent issue.
I can have another look in a week or so, would that be okay for you?

Finally, is "SConsBuildBricks_path.svg" the only file that rings the
alarm bell?