[Scons-dev] Fwd: PlatformIO and SCons

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Sun Nov 16 05:09:26 EST 2014

Hi Ivan,

thanks a lot for notifying us about your project. I just had a short
look at the website, and it looks really slick. My congratulations!

On 15.11.2014 23:44, Ivan Kravets wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks a lot for great SCons project!
>
> I'm an author of PlatformIO open-source project
> http://platformio.ikravets.com
>
> PlatformIO Source Code builder is based on SCons. I promote SCons for
> embedded developers :)
> See the section "Smart Code Builder. Fast and Reliable." on the home
> page of project.
>
> Could I ask you to put an information about PlatformIO to this page
> http://www.scons.org/refer.php   ?

@Gary, @Bill: Can one of you comment on this? I'm not a 100% sure where
our web sources are, was it already migrated to hg, or is it still in
SVN (what's the repo link)?

By the way, we also have a list of projects in our Wiki at
http://scons.org/wiki/SconsProjects , so I'll add you there as well, okay?

> P.S: The SCons-end developers have problem with PIP & SCons (they
> can't include SCons to dependency list and to install Scons via PIP
> without "egg").  I've been monitoring this pull-request
> https://bitbucket.org/scons/scons/pull-request/113/fix-for-bug-2769-which-should-allow-scons/diff
> for several months. Do you have any plans to fix this issue?

Yes, it's still on our Todo list...and work on it will continue soon.
We're sorry for the inconvenience, but it's a tricky issue (as
everything related to packaging in Python is) and we don't want to break
anything for other users.