[Scons-dev] API for warnings and debug messages

Kenny, Jason L jason.l.kenny at intel.com
Wed May 28 12:40:03 EDT 2014

It was part of the document I sent out on how I deal with steaming of stuff.

There is an internal API that I provide.
The main interface function are defined in parts.api.output.py (attached as tigris is messed up at the moment, need to move to bitbucket…). these functions call stuff in a Parts reporter for coloring/ log mapping. For this discussion this could just call print() internally instead of all the other stuff I have.

The document talks a little about the main structure… it could be improved. But the main value I have with it is that it hides python 2 and 3 issues. It allows me a way to filter message, and it makes extra virtual streams that can be nice to separate, stuff like verbose and trace/debug can be nice separation. It also allow for a extendable logger. I have a simple html, text and rtf logger at the moment.

Let me know if there any questions

Jason