[Scons-dev] Built-in support for ConTeXt

Maggyero maggyero at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 10:12:42 EDT 2014

ConTeXt can use different TeX engines like pdfTeX, XeTeX or LuaTeX. The
former version of ConTeXt — called Mark II (abbreviated MKII) — was based
on pdfTeX and XeTeX while the current version — called Mark IV (abbreviated
MKIV) — is based on LuaTeX, although one could select the TeX engine used
(cf. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ConTeXt). So yes, LuaTeX is now the
preferred way to run it.

O.K., thank you. For using ConTeXt, if you have TeXLive (or MacTeX)
installed it is already included in the distribution. Or you can use the
standalone version that you can download on the official website of the
company PRAGMA Advanced Document Engineering (http://www.pragma-ade.com).
There is a wiki called ConTeXt Garden explaining how to install it and use
it (http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Main_Page). On this wiki you can also use
ConTeXt online if you want to try it immediately without installing
anything (http://live.contextgarden.net). And the last version of the
reference manual can be found on the wiki (
http://pmrb.free.fr/contextref.pdf <http://www.pragma-ade.nl/show-man-9.htm>
).

Best regards.

Maggyero