[Scons-dev] Tests fails

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Mon Mar 3 12:28:51 EST 2014

On Mon, 2014-03-03 at 16:50 +0000, Managan, Rob wrote:

> Not to cause more flaming but to state what actually exists, a while back

> we taught

> Scons to be aware of an OSX way that paths are set. Namely, the files

> /etc/paths and

> all files in /etc/paths.d/ contain one path per line that gets added to

> the system path

> For finding executables. When X11 gets installed it adds /etc/paths.d/X11

> and TexLive adds

> /etc/paths.d/TeX so that the new executables can be found.

> So possibly you could add a file to /ect/paths/d so that the Macports

When you install MacPorts, they tell you to add /opt/local/bin
to /etc/paths which I did – along with /opt/local/sbin just in case. So
if SCons is doing the OSX thing /opt/local/bin should be on the base
path of SCons and so swig should be found.

I am not sure what to try to find what is happening

(I get my LaTeX via MacPorts as well.)
Dr Russel Winder t: +44 20 7585 2200 voip: sip:russel.winder at ekiga.net
41 Buckmaster Road m: +44 7770 465 077 xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk
London SW11 1EN, UK w: www.russel.org.uk skype: russel_winder