[Scons-dev] SConf description

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 06:29:43 EDT 2014

Sorry for not being clear. This is a new description that I wrote. I lack
experience in both Autotools and SConf, so it is my best understanding what
SConf does and I like to make sure that it is accurate. It can be that I've
missed something or put things wrong.

On Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 4:28 AM, William Deegan <bill at baddogconsulting.com>
wrote:

> Anatoly,
>
> Are you saying that it is not accurate?
> If so, in what way?
>
> Your email is not clear.
>
> -Bill
>
> On June 1, 2014 at 2:57:02 AM, anatoly techtonik (techtonik at gmail.com)
> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> While looking at the SConf code I've tried to explain what does
> "Autoconf-like configuration support" means. It would be nice if you can
> check that description is accurate:
>

>  """SCons.SConf
>
> Autoconf-like configuration support.
>
> In other words, this package allows to run series of tests to detect
> capabilities of current system and generate config files (header files
> in C/C++) that turn on system-specific options and optimizations.
>
> For example, it is possible to detect if optional libraries are present
> on current system and generate config that makes compiler include them.
> C compilers do not have ability to catch ImportError if some library is
> not found, so these checks should be done externally.
> """
>

> --
> anatoly t.

anatoly t.