[Scons-dev] Issues that can potentially be closed

Mark A. Flacy mflacy at verizon.net
Sun Jul 13 15:12:58 EDT 2014

On Saturday, July 12, 2014 06:18:09 PM William Blevins wrote:
> > There will certainly be cases where you would want both directories to be
> > compiled as a single unit.
>
> And that's the question.  Is it the responsibility of Java( ... ) to
> combine the sources or the responsibility of the user.  Do we want to allow
> Java( ... ) to build anything in parallel or force the user to make
> multiple Java( ... ) calls.  This is more about making an interface choice
> than fixing a bug.

I would say that one Java() invocation maps to one launch of javac.  If you
give a list of directories to Java(), it handles them all at the same time.
If you want a lot of javac tasks in parallel, use multiple Java() builders.

Frankly, I don't see anyone using scons for java projects that more
complicated than "Hello world" or perhaps for testing a JNI implementation
(which would be useful indeed).