[Scons-dev] Issues that can potentially be closed

Mark A. Flacy mflacy at verizon.net
Sat Jul 12 17:49:00 EDT 2014

On Saturday, July 12, 2014 10:22:18 AM William Blevins wrote:
> 2432 definitely duplicates 1772.  The only difference is that 2432 proposes
> a (bad) solution to the problem.
>
> Both give the example:
>
> Java('build',
>      [source1, source2],
>      JAVASOURCEPATH='src')
>

> And explain that "their" issue is that source1 and source2 build in
> parallel with separate javac commands; this is easily fixable with a
> FLATTEN call, but we still haven't asked the important question.  Is
> this working as designed and the documentation needs to be updated to
> reflect or is this a software failure?
>

> V/R,
>
> William

There will certainly be cases where you would want both directories to be
compiled as a single unit.

*Especially* if at least one of those directories contains autogenerated
source that is created by an earlier build step.  (SCons didn't seem to
support this the last time that I thought about using it for Java, but that
could be a faulty memory of mine.)

--
Mark A. Flacy