[Scons-dev] OP me, plz.

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Sat Jul 5 04:30:54 EDT 2014

Hi Anatoly,

On 05.07.2014 09:20, anatoly techtonik wrote:
> Hi William,
>
> Because nobody from developers objected, I already sent request to
> botbot.me, even though I didn't tick the [ ] op mark. Another reason
> for me to pushing on op is to increase the bus factor on the channel.
I understand your intentions behind this request, and value all your
efforts to drive this item forward. But I, personally, don't like the
way you're "hammering" this through.

As Bill hinted at, this is a somewhat sensitive topic because recording
of what other people say and write actually touches part of their
private sphere. So it would be a good idea to ask the developer
community *and* give it some time to answer first, before leaping ahead
and "just doing it".
You probably missed the point with the "private sphere" a little, which
is okay because it can happen to anyone of us. But this also makes clear
how important it is to ask and get other people's opinions first,
instead of saying "I'll do this now. Stop me if you can.".
In the first case you're a valid part of the community, in the latter
you're doing things alone.