[Scons-dev] please try latest default branch

Gary Oberbrunner garyo at oberbrunner.com
Sun Jan 26 11:15:03 EST 2014

I'm continuing to track this down. No solid results so far (but I'm
adding lots of tracing code). I have a generated source file,
all-defuns.c, that depends (using Depends) on a dir (mkl), and it
seems like with the new code while the taskmaster is checking
all-defuns.obj it checks all-defuns.c, which calls Dir.changed() on
the dir, which just checks the node.state -- and the state is
no_state, i.e. it hasn't been evaluated yet, which changed()
interprets as being changed, so it decides to regenerate the source
file all-defuns.c. Later, when the taskmaster gets to checking the
mkl dir, it finds all of its children are up to date and marks it up
to date, but it's too late by then. I suspect (?) something in the
taskmaster updates but will have to keep poking at it.