[Scons-dev] Fwd: [GSoC Mentors Announce] Now Accepting Applications for Mentoring Organizations for GSoC 2014

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 15:30:01 EST 2014

On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 10:05 PM, Gary Oberbrunner <garyo at oberbrunner.com> wrote:

> Hi folks; if we want to get a GSoC project this year, now's the time to

> think about it.

> Top of my priority list for a GSoC student would be someone to convert

> everything to python3, finishing what we've started already.

Can of worms. IMHO.

> Other ideas?

Concentrate on visualizing and documenting how SCons works. Cleaning
up and opening internals to the public. Enhance test running, bring
back slaves. List current workflows and tools discovery, research best
practices and see how the tool discovery should be improved.

Research and document the problem of compiling C programs.
Research and document the problem of compiling C++ programs.
Enhance documentation.
Add more design touches.
Integrate best practices from other projects.

Fix async subprocess execution with proper handling of std* streams.