[Scons-dev] Bug in env.Glob() - how do I report?

Vasily vasslitvinov at pisem.net
Mon Dec 15 14:35:09 EST 2014

Hi Dirk,

Thanks for the reply!

I get this running the SConstruct I attached:

$> scons .
scons: Reading SConscript files ...
TypeError: Tried to lookup Dir 'some_entry' as a File.:
  File "C:\Vass\Work\Temp\scons_glob_bug\SConstruct", line 22:
    d2[0].srcnode()
  File "C:\Python27\scons-2.1.0\SCons\Node\FS.py", line 743:
    srcnode.must_be_same(self.__class__)
  File "C:\Python27\scons-2.1.0\SCons\Node\FS.py", line 626:
    (self.__class__.__name__, self.path, klass.__name__))

Note: I've checked it agains SCons 2.1.0 (pretty old, but that's what we
use internally right now, maybe it's already fixed?..)

As for calling disambiguate() out of place - I understand that. Actual
issue I stubmled upon was much, much more complex, this was just making it
as small as possible.
Anyway, after disambiguating d1 it gets correctly set as Dir.

I can try to re-write a reproducer the way it would be calling stuff in a
build phase, but I doubt it will change a lot - the original issue (before
the simplifying to this SConstruct) was reproduced when srcnode() was
called after all targets were built, via python's atexit mechanism.

Thanks,
Vasily