[Scons-dev] Bug in env.Glob() - how do I report?

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Mon Dec 15 11:29:31 EST 2014

Hi Vasily,

first of all "Thanks a lot" for asking first, before simply going ahead and submitting an issue. Asking on the User mailing list is
the preferred method for finding out whether an odd behaviour is really a bug or not.

On 15.12.2014 14:12, Vasily wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I've stubmled upon the bug in env.Glob() that loses FS.Entry actual class when working with several VariantDir's coming from one source.
>
> Small reproducer attached.

I tried to run your SConstruct on my machine, but I get an "dependency cycle" error. Can you provide a little bit more description
about what output you would expect, and what you see instead? That'll help me (and other users) understand better what your actual
problem is. I'm currently not able to reproduce your example on my side, so I can't debug it either.

Please also note that you're using "disambiguate" on a Node, that might not yet exist physically. It gets created later, when the
Command() builder is run during the actual "build phase"....

> Where should I submit the issue? scons.tigris.org <http://scons.tigris.org> looks a bit outdated, should I submit a bug on
> bitbucket.org <http://bitbucket.org>?

The Tigris bug tracker is still the correct place to enter issues, but first let's see if we can identify this as bug at all.