[Scons-dev] What to replace the wiki with?

Gary Oberbrunner garyo at oberbrunner.com
Sat Dec 13 17:23:59 EST 2014

On Sat, Dec 13, 2014 at 3:54 PM, Bill Deegan <bill at baddogconsulting.com>
wrote:

> All,
>
> I think two items for wiki are must have:
> 1) full text searchable from the wiki
> 2) index able by google and others.
>
> I'm pretty sure neither bitbucket nor github has both. (Though I suppose 1
> would come with 2)
> As for giving specific contributors unfettered write access. I think we
> could just give them write access to a given repo. (which is where the wiki
> is).
> No such access control exists for a project's wiki under bitbucket.
>
> Assuming I have a host to put moin on, does anyone know how to configure
> it to minimize the load it causes? Can you put a caching proxy in front of
> it?

I'm not certain what has caused our load spikes at pair, but I think some
kind of rate-limiting of requests from a single IP would help a lot. I
don't think moin's page rendering is very expensive.  (Moin does some
caching anyway: http://moinmo.in/MoinCaching)

If you can re-host our wiki somewhere, that might be the best solution.  I
agree, neither of the current proposals really do it.